ACT-CIS Partylist Representative Eric Yap has been tested positive with COVID19 who was also present during the special session with some Cabinet Secretaries, Speaker Alan Cayetano and Senator Bong Go in Malacanang last March 21.
Here is Sen. Bong Go’s official statement:
It is unfortunate that Cong. Eric Yap has tested positive for COVID-19. We are currently initiating contact tracing, particularly those present during a meeting I attended last Saturday.
Puro po ako trabaho noong nakaraang mga araw. Wala naman po akong nararamdamang sintomas ng sakit. But since protocol requires that those who were directly exposed to persons positive for COVID-19 need to undergo self-quarantine, I am left with no choice but to comply.
Gayunpaman, lagi naman po akong handa na gampanan ang aking tungkulin. Pinili ko itong trabahong ito na magserbisyo. Kaya patuloy po akong maglilingkod sa kapwa kong Pilipino.
I am always ready to fulfill my duties as a senator and public servant – anytime, any minute, regardless of the situation – in a manner that will not put others at risk. I will continue to serve and I am ready to die serving my fellow Filipinos. #
Here is a timeline of Yap’s recent activities b
- March 10, 2020: Yap presides over the hearing of the House committee on appropriations, which approved a P1.65-billion supplemental budget for the DOH.
- March 15, 2020: Yap gets tested for coronavirus.
- March 21, 2020: Yap joins a meeting in Malacañang between Congress leaders and Cabinet members on the proposed emergency powers bill.
- March 23, 2020: Yap is among the 20 lawmakers allowed by the House leadership to physically attend the special session.
- March 25, 2020: Yap tests positive for COVID-19.
Apart from Yap, the lawmakers who attended the March 21 meeting in Malacañang include Senate President Vicente Sotto III, Senate health panel chair Bong Go, Senate ways and means panel Pia Cayetano, Speaker Alan Cayetano and Deputy Speaker Luis Raymund Villafuerte.
Your thoughts on this? Leave your comments below!